Monday 18 June 2012

The golden apple

I need to express my gratitude and congratulate Apple for their excellence when it comes to customer service. I've had my phone for nearly one year now and even though it did seem to be a dodgy piece of kit since day 1, I somehow managed not to report it until 1 month before the end of my warranty.

Spoke to my network supplier on Friday evening who put me through to Apple customer service. Without too much fuss, they made an appointment for me to go see them at the Apple store in Bluewater today at 7.50 pm.

I had to go, but I was pretty disappointed thinking that it was too close to closing time and the staff will be grumpy so I was sure nothing will get sorted.

My phone, as crazy as it was, would freeze or decide to terminate my running applications whenever I was doing something relatively important...but whenever I tried to show this to someone, it would work perfectly normal. Damn black sheep undercover!

So obviously, when meeting the guy from Apple...my phone was not working to it's normal default standard that I was used to.

Great shock when the Apple employee just said that they'll replace it without too many questions asked. They did not want me to leave their store in disappointment. And I sure didn't! I got my new phone which works unbelievably well (I was probably too used to the faulty one) and I am currently writing this on my new phone. Apple do really have outstanding customer service and they sure got a little fan club in our household!

It still felt like I was pulling the plug on an old friend when I had to erase everything of the old one...all i can say now is goodbye my dear friend!

And that's my thought of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment